Last.fm RPS WordPress Plugin

You may also like...

200 Responses

1. Hody says:

I cant use your plugin, it either shows your profile (nice taste by the way) or I get an error message saying:

Allow_url_fopen: 1
    Warning: file_get_contents(http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=user.getrecenttracks&user=Hody72&api_key=pdv4w44

2. Olly says:

There is an issue with the formatting the new ‘Twenty Ten’ default theme in the new version of WordPress 3.1. Can you see if you can fix it. You can see the problem at my website:

Otherwise this is really excellent. I love the

3. Taha Paksu says:

hi,
    thats because the last.fm server’s time is different from your hosting server’s time. There’s a box in the plugin’s configuration labeled “server time difference” so you can set the difference there, for example the song you are listening is displayin

4. Csabi says:

@Bart:

Hey!
    I fixed this problem on my site:

Search this line:
    $fullMinutes = floor(($dateDiff-($fullDays*60*60*24)-($fullHours*

• Taha Paksu says:

sorry i don’t know how but it went to my spam folder that i just realised 🙂 thanks for that fix.

• Jin says:

Yea, having this problem as well, but the solution you stated isn’t working for me. :\ I get this error:
      “Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/soratokujira/soratokujira.tk/wp-content/plugins/lastfm-rps/lastfm.php on line 191”
      Any help

5. Lizzie says:

My songlist isn’t showing up correctly – it’s all jumbled up. Can anyone help?? I’m using WP 2.9.

Thanks x

6. Neal says:

I can’t get the plugin to pull my song info. Do I have to scrobble from a local player or does it pull info from the online listening of last.fm. Want to make sure I cover my bases. Plugin looks great though.

Thanks in advance.

• Taha Paksu says:

what exists in your personal profile page as listened or listening is displayed in this plugin. the answer is both you are listening locally and submitted to last.fm and you listen on the last.fm radio should be displayed here. and if you didnt listen to

7. Ryan Cain says:

Hello! I love your plugin, but have made one adjustment that you might like to add to the main version. In lastfm.php, I have adjusted my lastfm_datediff function to account for songs that are currently being listened to. These songs will have a $dateD

8. pled says:

Really great plugin ! very good looking, Thank you …

9. Bart says:

So, i have a problem with the times sometimes when i listen to tracks, is see this -1d,23h and 58m ago for example offcourse.
    What the problem? Can it be fixed? I really want it to work properly!

10. bigbrovar says:

Doesnt work in wordpress 2.8x 🙁

11. DelilahMused says:

Hi! I’m trying to use this widget in my blog and I get the following error in the sidebar (after which clickable links to the music are there): Warning: gzinflate() [function.gzinflate]: data error in /home/passcreek/www/delilahmused/wp-includes/http.php

12. felix says:

hello,

i get these result from your code:

“Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS in /users/leiter/www/wordpress/test.php on line 2”

these are the phpinfo results:
    SimpleXML
    Simplexml support enabled
    Revision $Revision: 1.151.2.22.2.45

13. felix says:

hello,

these are my the phpmyinfo from my hoster, which is bplaced.net.

XML Support active
    XML Namespace Support active
    libxml2 Version 2.6.32
    XML-reader &-writer active
    DOM/XML enabled
    libXML support active
    libXML Version 2.6.32

• Taha Paksu says:

ok. lets try this. open an empty php file on your server and try this code :

[code]<?
      include_once “simplexml.class.php”;
      $sx = new simplexml;
      $results = $sx->xml_load_file(“http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/1.0/user/felix-leiter/recenttracks.xml”)

14. Taha Paksu says:

OK. The problem is about your server. Your username doesn’t cause any problems. Check if your server supports the standart PHP XML extension.

Create a php file and write this inside it:

< ?php echo phpinfo();?>

then upload it to your host and run

15. felix says:

I receive an error when is use your plugin. my last.fm profilename is felix-leiter . if i activate the plugin as a widget i receive this error: “This username does not exist, or the feed service is down.” when i use an nonexisting username i also receive

16. Taha Paksu says:

@clay: you need to play with the lastfm.css file to adjust the width,height etc.. and for the badge thing, open lastfm.php and near the end you should see;

[code]
    $options = array(
    ‘title’ => ‘Last.fm RPS’,
    ‘size’ => 10,
    ‘serversec’ => 0,

17. clay says:

Hello, I’m trying to get the plugin integrated into my about page. My theme does not support widgets, and I’ve got the plugin on the page in the place where I want it, but the spacing and horizontal rules seem off. Can you point me in the right direction

18. Aditya says:

Apologies Taha. I was messing around with another plugin at the same time.
    Can you tell me how can I display the album art inline without the text, and how I can hide my profile information? Seems a bit complicated from the looks of it. All I want to sho

19. Taha Paksu says:

@aditya : I checked your site, and I think you are using a different plugin?

20. Aditya says:

Hi I am having a rather particular problem with my blog. I think I have already sent you a message about it before, but here goes anyway. The alt text displayed on the album art isn’t quite working correctly. Like I just listened to Guns N’ Roses – Chines

21. Taha Paksu says:

New version has been released. Please backup your CSS file before updating.

22. Taha Paksu says:

you should remove this lines

[code]if(trim($album->scalar)){
    $albumimage = get_album_art(stripslashes($album->scalar),stripslashes($artist->scalar));
    }else{
    $replace = array(” “,”&”,”/”);
    $with = array(“%20″,”%26″,”%2F”);

23. Dan says:

But deleting lines 478 and 479 do remove the last.fm logo successfully.

24. Dan says:

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried to delete even just the first part, and now my site doesn’t load, just white, but when the code is there, it loads.

25. Taha Paksu says:

244 to 252 is for image loading
    255 to 258 is for image showing
    and line 478 is for the last.fm logo.

I didnt test them just looked and wrote here.

26. Dan says:

G’day. Great plugin. Just wondering which lines of code would I remove so that it doesn’t load or display the album art? Also, which lines of code would I remove to remove the last.fm logo?

27. PiterKokoniz says:

Hello !!!! 🙂
    I am Piter Kokoniz. oOnly want to tell, that I like your blog very much!
    And want to ask you: is this blog your hobby?
    Sorry for my bad english:)
    Tnx!
    Your Piter Kokoniz, from Latvia

28. Thank you… I’d rather like to spend some more time on it (because of the Internet Explorer issues), but I can’t…

🙂

29. It worked!!! Thank you so much, you’ve been very very kind.

If you wanna take a trip on my blog (even if it’s in italian and you won’t understand nothing 😛 ) you’re welcome

30. Hubert says:

It worked thank u very much

31. Hubert says:

This is the Error i get:
    __________________________________________________

Warning: htmlspecialchars_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, NULL /htdocs/blog/wp-includes/compat.php on line 105

This I used in my Sidebar – Code:
    _____________

• Taha Paksu says:

Try this.

starting at line 130 there’s a code block:

if(!function_exists('htmlspecialchars_decode')){
      function htmlspecialchars_decode($string,$style=ENT_COMPAT)
      {
      $translation = array_flip(get_html_translation_table(HTML_SPECIALCHARS,$style

32. Hi again.

The first issue is not resolved yet, although the correction I made to the code… for the second it’s ok now.

What happens? Maybe Eloy can help me, too?

33. Eloy says:

Great! Really Great!
    Thanks for the plugin and your support 🙂

Greets from Switzerland
    Eloy

34. Eloy says:

Hello Taha
    First of all… great Plugin, thanks. I have the same problems like Andrè Nakamura. First of all this ugly message (WordPress 2.7.1):

Warning: htmlspecialchars_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, NULL given in /home/www/web3/html/el

• Taha Paksu says:

for the first problem (line 301 in lastfm.php) change

echo "<div id='lastfm_recent_comment'>" . stripslashes(htmlspecialchars_decode($text)) . "</div>";

to

echo "<div id='lastfm_recent_comment'>" . stripslash

35. I tried, but the situation hasn’t changed and the message is still there.

Another thing I forgot: when I listen to tracks last.fm doesn’t recognize (because of the tag, I suppose) it appears a text field “Cover image for _____ ” instead of the little i

36. Hi Taha… when I use your plugin I see this text in the sidebar, right under the widget:

[code]Warning: htmlspecialchars_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, NULL given in /web/htdocs/www.beerdelirium.com/home/wp-includes/compat.php on line 105[

37. Samantha says:

I actually just removed the tags from the php file right after the artist name and song and it worked perfectly 🙂

38. Samantha says:

Hello! I think this plugin is absolutely fantastic, but I have a slight problem….. When the css is set to the default 52px length everything is smashed together…. Here’s a screen shot: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3478/3215247801_d4ea4a03ec_o.jpg

39. Taha Paksu says:

@Vibeke: Thanks. I’m not developing this anymore because i have no time for it 🙁 you can write that in the discussion page. Thank you again. And sorry.

40. Vibeke says:

Hi

I just installed the plugin in WordPress 2.7 and it works very well. In the beginning I had the same problem as Christer Dammo, but I just changed the height in the lastfm.css file (line 2) to 185px and now it works fine and looks very nice. The lin

41. Taha Paksu says:

@Jason: Well, mine is working well with my username, so its not about the script I think. Can you mail me your username @ tpaksu@hotmail.com? maybe i could take a look. btw, try

http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/user/%5Byour username]/recenttracks.rss

42. Jason says:

Hey there,
    Nice work – like it, however I get “This username does not exist, or the feed service is down” even though it is the correct username.
    Any ideas where I look to fix this?
    Thanks in advance.
    Jas

43. Taha Paksu says:

@hutzi: if that situation is about the vertical scrollbar please uninstall the plugin and look if the vertical scrollbar is visible. if it’s not, the re-positioning of the form is because your last.fm list causes the vertical scrollbar to get visible. if

44. hutzi says:

its http://lastmixtape.net/ it just happens in a short moment when i refresh the site!

1. Thursday, December 25, 2008

[…] Last.fm RPS – Tillägg för att hämta Last.fm information och visa det på din sida. Av Taha Paksu. […]

2. Wednesday, December 31, 2008

[…] Last.fm RPS […]

3. Wednesday, December 31, 2008

[…] Last.fm RPS […]

4. Thursday, June 25, 2009

[…] Now we just have to find the plugin that matches your needs. The one I’ve selected is rather boring-looking, but I like the simple displays. If you want the plugin to show album covers you could try Last.fm RPS WordPress plugin: http://www.tah

5. Thursday, June 10, 2010